Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oly

So this past weekend me and Matthew vistited his family in Olympia Washington. I love it there! It's so beautiful and everyone there is so nice. The first day we got there, Matts parents picked us up at the air port and we went to one of his older brother house and hung out before dinner. The restaurant we had dinner at was called Assaggios. Assaggio is a beautiful Italian restaurant with Michelangelo inspired art on its walls. For dinner i had Linguine Anconetano and for dessert i had a yummy lemon sorbet. Everything else on the dessert list i was allergic to, but the sorbet was delightful. It was all delicious. After dinner me and Matt went for a walk around the Space Needle and the Experience Music Project/ Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame. The EMP/SFM museum building is amazing. It really is a work of art. I can't wait for this summer so we can actually go inside.

The real reason we went to Washington was for Matts older brother Bens bachelor party. Matts brothers bachelor party was scheduled on the same day as our one year annicersary. His parents felt bad that we wouldnt get to spend it together so they decided to get me an early birthday present by buying me a plain ticket to Oly. That way we could spend the remaining of the time together. His parents are the best! Even though i didn't get to spend the whole time with Matty, i had a great time hanging out with his mom and dad. They are the sweetest people you could ever meet. Me and matts mom Shelly had a fun cute day. She took me to this bead store called Shipwreck Beads. It's HUGE! I couldn't believe it, i was in love. I've never seen so many beads in one place. When we were done shopping we headed back to there home (which is very beautiful) to have dinner and watched Pearl Harbor. After the movie Shelly and i made cards. It was so much fun and they came out so cute. Matts mom and grandmothers are really into making handmade greeting cards. The whole night thought i was getting drunk calls from Matt and his cousins telling me they want churros haha.
The next day, Sunday. Before our flight me and Matt visited his best friend Bob at Northwest Snowboards and hungout for a bit before going to Old School Pizzeria for some pizza slices and garlic knots. It was delicious. Probably one of the best pizzerias out there. When we finished our pizza and garlic knots it was off to the air port we go. Before our flight Me, Matt, and his eldest brother Bo hung out in the board room and had free munchies and drinks. Even thought short, the trip to Olympia was great. I had the best time and it was so beautiful there. I can't wait to go back again!

Assaggios Ristorante


Matts Family at dinner




My yummy lemon sorbet


Shipwreck Beads


Making cards


I think they came out so cute!


Matty driving/ driveway



Old School Pizzeria


Boardroom



Me and Matt on the plane.
Bye bye Olympia!

No comments: